A spherical, clear piece of glass used for surface preparation and cleaning is known as glass beads. A glass bead abrasive is commonly employed to provide this abrasion through blasting, but other methods may be used. Abrasives made of glass beads come in a variety of sizes. Bead blasting is the process of blasting with a glass bead abrasive.
Glass bead abrasives are used for a variety of applications, the most popular of which being bead blasting. Glass bead abrasives of a specific size are projected at a high velocity towards the surface of a material during the bead blasting process. Glass bead abrasive blasting is a great way to clean a material's surface before applying a coating. Glass bead abrasive is used in shot blasting machine for burr removal, peening and surface finishing.
Glass bead abrasive comes in a variety of sizes, which can be chosen based on needs. When extensive cleaning or peening is necessary, larger beads make larger impacts and remove more surface material. For lighter work that requires a very smooth surface finish, smaller beads are employed.
Specifications of Glass Beads
|Finishing Type||Shine & Matt|
|Blast Cleaning Glass||Sa 2|
|Hardness||5.5 to 6 Mohs|
|Packaging Type||Paper Bags|
|Spherical beads||Greater than 80 %|
|Silicon Oxide content||Greater than 72 %|
|Usage||Glass Beads Blasting|
|Designation||US Sieve||Inches Max||InchesMin||Microns Max||MicronsMin||Min %Round|
Glass Bead for Road Marking
Reflective road marking glass beads can improve the reflective effectiveness of road marking paint. Glass beads reflect the light from the car lights back onto the marking lines, allowing the driver to see the direction of travel and enhancing nighttime driving safety.
To make road reflecting glass beads, which are a form of the fine glass sphere, glass sand (trash glass) is melted at high temperatures. Glass beads for road marking are spherical, colorless, transparent, and have a refractive index of 1.5-1.64 under a microscope. The diameter can range from 44 to 1400 microns.
The white and pure tone of our reflective road paint beads is composed of window glass. When used on a marking line, reflective micro glass beads will function effectively, and the roundness is greater than 80%, ensuring reflectivity.
Glass beads are often used for road marking on city road lines, highway pavement, and guardrail outlines. Based on our many years of experience manufacturing reflective road paint beads, we have mature glass beads for paint solutions such as Intermix glass beads, Drop On Glass Beads, and High Index Reflective Glass Beads.
Glass Bead Abrasive for Sand Blasting
Sand Blasting using glass beads is utilized in a variety of manufacturing operations. Finer glass beads are suitable for attaining a satin-matte finish, which is a silky smooth surface texture. Medium-sized glass beads are a preferable choice for working with metals like aluminum and stainless steel. This grade is excellent for hiding faults, scratches, and machine markings on the substrate. Large glass beads are good for cleaning and light deburring rough surfaces found on many metal castings and automotive parts. The coarser grades have a brighter surface finish and a more intensely peened appearance.
Applications of Glass Beads
- Stainless steel goods with a surface treatment
- Mold removal of all types
- Increase fatigue life by removing various types of mechanical tensile stress.
- Plastic sealing on the tube before tin cleaning to remove the edge thorn in semiconductor devices
- Medical equipment, textile machines, and many hardware products are shot-peened.
- Finishing processing
- Various metal tubes and non-ferrous metal precision castings are cleaned and burr residue is removed.
Characteristics of Glass Bead Abrasive
- Both soft and hard are constructed of high-quality materials, which means they have a specified mechanical strength, a sio2 content of greater than or equal to 68 percent, a hardness of 6-7 Mohs, and enough elasticity to be used again. The sprayed device produces the same effect and lasts more than three times as long as typical glass beads.
- Uniformity is good—the particle size is uniform and the roundness is greater than or equal to 80%. The brightness coefficient of the sand blasting machine is maintained after spraying, making it difficult to leave a watermark.
- Glass beads for shot blasting as an abrasive material are irreplaceable because it has the following advantages over any other abrasive substance: In addition to metal abrasive materials, this medium lasts longer than any other, is made of non-alkaline soda-lime glass, has good chemical stability, will not pollute the processed metal, and may speed up cleaning while keeping the original object's processing accuracy.
- Smooth and free of contaminants - spherical particles with no impurities; smooth surface with a good finish that meets international and domestic requirements.
Our Glass Beads Packaging Process
- 25KG PLASTIC WOVEN BAG Using a double-deck package, normally, 48bags/pallet, a total of 20 pallets are put in one 20 ft container.
- 1000KG-1200KG BIG BAG Using a double-deck package, the inner is polythene film and its thickness is not less than 0.5mm, normally, 20 bags put in one 20ft container.
Glass Bead Manufacturer in India
Abrasives Shots is the leading & best manufacturer of Glass Bead at a low price in India. We also provide Steel Shot, Cut Wire Shots, Steel Grit, Garnet sand, Aluminum oxide, Quartz shot, Silicon Carbide Abrasive, and a qualitative range of industrial steel abrasive products. We offer these products at reasonable rates and deliver these within the promised time frame. We have gained a huge clientele across the nation. We focus all of our efforts on exceeding customers' expectations by providing high-quality items that meet their needs.
To enable us to quote for your requirement, kindly give us the following info –
1. Particle size required (You may choose from above or give your own range)
2. Packing required
3. Quantity required with a delivery schedule.
4. Destination port
5. Payment terms.
6. Discharge rate at the destination, if in break-bulk.
7. Any other point which may impact the quote.
We can also offer ungraded material for shipments in bulk in any quantities as desired by our buyers on FOB or CNF FO basis terms.
|Delivery Time||Minimum days|
|Packaging Details||25 kg bags|